Photography can bring in a bit of money while you travel. If you’re an adventurer with an eye for the beauty and passion for photography, then why not combine these things and create an exciting career that will allow you to do what you love and earn money. They say do what you love, so if you love to travel, why not try and find a way to generate your income while doing it? There are a lot of people all over the world who earn thousands of dollars by traveling the world and taking photos. Every photographer has his or her own niche and it is amazing the types of salaries you will see when you scan the internet. It’s all about marking your own territory and creating a niche that people will love to see and follow. The world is changing and so do the ways of earning money. By combining your hobbies within your occupation, you will no longer be the droves of people walking to their cubicle every day from 9 am to 5 pm. Instead, you’ll be doing what you love, which brings out the best in anyone and everyone.
Doing what you love and earning money at the same time is undoubtedly anyone’s dream job. Traveling and photography are two most promising hobbies you can use for earning money. Combine the two hobbies and get even more benefit.
Here are some things you need to prepare for travel photography:
- Have your own camera. This is the most basic requirement you need as a travel photographer. Do some research to figure out which camera suits you well.
- Learn the right mindset and techniques from photography classes and books.
- Be aware of and sensitive to once-in-a-lifetime events or things that might happen around you.
- Always have your camera ready on the go. Be always prepared for capturing unique moments out there.
- Learn about the places you are planning to visit. Get to know the landmarks, tourist attractions, local customs, exhibitions, and local cuisine in your destination.
- Create an online portfolio. An online portfolio is helpful to introduce your shots to a larger audience and connect with other photography enthusiasts.
- Promote yourself. Once the portfolio completes, get ready for the real job. Work for the tourism section in a tabloid, magazine, or anywhere you can use your photography skills.
- Make a good first impression with outstanding work ethics and skills. You have to stand out if you want to succeed in this field.
Now, as you are fully prepared for the professional traveling photographer post, it is time to start earning more money from the job.
Write Hotel Reviews for Travel Agents
Many travel agents and websites are more than willing to pay you for reviews and photos of hotels and hostels. This is your opportunity to earn a little extra cash while traveling. Your hotel reviews will be more convincing if you actually have the experience of staying at the staid place.
Put Advertisements in Your Photography Blog
Good photos of attractive places or events will invite travel and photography enthusiasts to your blog. Join affiliate marketing by posting ad banners or writing product reviews on your blog. The more people visit your blog, the better chance you’ll get the money from the ads.
Sell Stock Photos
Join stock photography websites that accommodate and sell your travel photographs. Your selling stock photos for designers who look for instant pictures for low budgeted projects can be beneficial. When these designers download your work, you will be properly rewarded.
Participate in Competitions
This is probably not a real job, but if you are quite adept in photography, participating in some photographic competitions never hurts. The prize you get from a competition can be higher than what you get from selling regular photos.
Write and Sell Photography Book
With photo book, you can reach your customer directly. Photobook functions just like a photo blog for people who opt for the printed version. Your book can function as a bible for travelers as well as an inspiration for other traveling photographers.
Now that you know how to become a travelling photographer and earn money from it, it’s time for you to take action by picking your camera, order a ticket to travel, and start capturing moments!